COVID-19 Victoria Courier Service Updates
Your deliveries are on their way to you but due to network congestion many parcels are taking longer to arrive than usual. There may also be more time between tracking updates.
This has been driven by the current situation in Victoria, the wider increase in parcel numbers and COVID-19 restrictions across the country which have impacted deliveries and services.
Changes to our network capacity in Victoria from Stage 4 restrictions
- We’ve been required to reduce our workforce capacity in our processing facilities in Melbourne and introduce split shifts.
- Many Victorian deliveries need to go via Sydney for sorting overnight due to the restriction on team members in Victoria.
- Online buying has increased in Victoria as people are unable to visit the shops which has sent parcel volumes skyrocketing.
- On some days, over 80% of parcels being sent and received in Australia are coming from, or end up in Victoria.
What this means for your delivery
You may notice when tracking your parcel, that it is coming from a different location than you’re used to. This is to make sure we are using all the extra capacity available in our network to process parcels as safely and quickly as we can.
In response to advice issued by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, CouriersPlease and our other courier partners, will be required to reduce the number of employees working in Victorian facilities by 30%, effective 11:59pm AEST Friday 7 August.
As a result, you may experience delays as our courier partners adapt to the new government guidelines. Any further disruptions resulting from COVID-19, will be updated on our website here.
Please note that customers should expect delays across all domestic and international services due to increased parcel volume and capacity issues within the network.
Following developments regarding the recent COVID-19 outbreak, delivery networks have been experiencing delays to a number of destinations. Actions taken by countries to lockdown borders and reduce movement of people is set to affect transit times and delivery options. Our latest updates are outlined below.
Domestic Service Impacts:
- Delays expected across all services due to reductions in air freight capacity
- We will be suspending Express service downgrade credits for our 9:00 Express, 10:00 Express, 12:00 Express and Overnight Express TNT Domestic services. This is due to reduction in domestic flight capacity
- Our couriers will only seek verbal confirmation of delivery and where signature is required, may request to view government-issued identification for proof of age upon delivery
- Service delays expected to shipments addressed to agent/remote areas where Australia Post is contracted